How many times has God revealed something to you, yet it is ____ years away? I know how frustrating that can be because, I have been there and I always like to speak from a place that I can relate to with my audience. While you wait, there are things you can do internally as God moves in you that will produce and external response of patience.
Patience is not a feeling; it is a daily decision. When you have the ability to endure resistance and/or you stay in the fire, you are exhibiting patience. This is definitely easier said than done and in order to confidently walk in patience, you need to prepare.
How do you prepare? It is very simple; you need to go #BackToTheBasics.
- Study the Word of God.
- This is something practical that can be done daily. You might be thinking “Dani, I get it but what if I don’t understand what God is trying to say with the verses that I am reading”? When you don’t understand scripture, don’t move on. Allow the holy spirit to speak to you and to increase your belief. Everything Jesus did and everything Jesus said is an example of what you should do and what you should say. God has already placed inside of you, all that you need. When you read the word, revelation will come. As you get to know God, you will be able to understand the intricacies within you better. It is being still that brings the knowing. Don’t be impatient. Be still until God speaks!
- Prayer and communication are SO wrapped up in who God is. There is purpose in the words you say to God and He is waiting to respond to you. Be very specific! We have not because we ask not.
- Whose voice are you listening to? Are you in agreement with God or are their other voices that speaking to you? You need to come in agreement with God. You are capable of accomplishing great things because, the holy spirit is within you. Remember: “Dear, dear Corinthians, I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!” (2 Corinthians 6:11-13 MSG )
- The power that is within prayer comes through the authority that has been giving to you by Jesus.
- You can’t hide who you are and worship in truth. You are a carrier of God’s presence. You need to exercise humility by having the ability to wait on God. It is never about how good you are but about how good He is.
- It is all about the heart. It is the attitude in the action that makes the expression worship.